add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Bitfenix Phenom Airflow

shellysheld

55 months ago

Hey Guys,

Finalizing my mini ITX build, and i'm still undecided on the case. I really like the Phenom's look, but i've read that it has bad airflow. Since i'm trying to build a fairly silent gaming pc, i don't want it to overheat and make the fans go crazy.

Also, note that it's my first time building a PC so i'm not that inclined to do some very advanced fan/water cooling setup.

Anyone with good words on the phenom's airflow or do you have anything else to propose? Thanks!

Comments

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

Phanteks Enthoo EVOVLV ITX is great, single 200mm front fan and 120 rear stays below 25DB and has good airflow. Shame about the slight lapse in quality over the ATX though but still very good

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

I don't think the major problem is the airflow... as you can mount

top = 120mm x 2 as exhaust

front = 140/180/200/230mm x 1 as intake

rear= 140mm x 1 as exhaust

the problem would be the side panel. You would need to buy a vented panel for this case... that should solve the problem.

http://www.bitfenix.com/global/en/products/accessories/phenom-vented-side-panel

they go for around 24 at amazon..

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube