add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Phanteks Enthoo Pro Airflow

Scotty0709

55 months ago

Wanting some feedback on fan configuration in order to achieve the best airflow in this case. The Enthroo Pro comes with a 200mm fan at the front as the intake & a 140mm fan at the back as the exhaust.

I'm thinking of replacing the 200mm at the front with 2×140mm fans and potentially using the 200mm as the top exhaust. Though I'm now wondering if 2×140mm fans may make a better top-exhaust and I'm not sure if an additional intake fan at the bottom of the case would be beneficial or not?

Was also wondering for those who have the Enthoo Pro (or the Enthoo Luxe) how did you configure the PWM Hub? Did you plug your CPU cooler into the hub or did you connect it separately to the motherboard? Is there a benefit of doing the former?

Comments

• 55 months ago
  • 2 points

the way you plan to do it is pretty much best for air cooling. two 140's for front intake, the 200mm for top exhaust. I have the Luxe. I use two 140's for front intake and a bottom intake. I have custom water and before that the H100i. I had my H100i fans connected to the unit and controlled them with corsair link (when it wanted to work). now I have my radiator fans in the hub, the hub connected to cpu_1, the pump on cpu_opt and my two front intake fans in fan_2/3 headers on my mobo. you can have all your fans in the hub if you want. any fans you want to run at a different speed or control separately use another header for it.

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

Would you say having an additional fan at the bottom of the case for intake is beneficial?

• Front: 2x140mm intake
  • Top: 200mm exhaust
  • Rear: 140mm exhaust
  • Bottom: 140mm intake?

Generally if all fans (including the CPU cooloer) are all connected to the PWM hub I shouldn't really run into any problems? Trying to work out if that's just the most simplistic option but not necessarily the best?

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

yea that fan arrangement is good. as for the hub, it may not be the best and that's up to you. I wanted my front intake fans inaudible, so I run them at 888rpm. my radiator fans run even lower rpm (I have a 60mm thick rad with 7fpi). different fans have different prm based on percentage and different start up speeds and with my software (gigabyte motherboard) and the way fan headers are shared I wanted my pump to run a certain speed and my fans a different speed. if you are using a phanteks cooler and the phanteks fans it could work simply for you. try and see which way you like.

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

If connecting the CPU cooler & the PWM hub separately to the motherboard is plugging the CPU cooler into CPU_FAN & the hub into CPU_OUT a workable method or is another header better for the hub?

In this case the motherboard will be the Asus Maximus VII Hero.

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

Also would the CPU cooler perform the same wether or not it's connected to the hub? Is there any benefit to connecting the CPU & case fans separately?

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

the only benefit to connecting them separately is controlling their speed separately.

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

I don't know if CPU_FAN and CPU_OPT share the same PWM signal on that motherboard. each header on that board might be controlled separately, but only the CPU_FAN is true pwm. you can test and see if this method works. asus motherboards have better fan control than mine IMO.

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

Final question: With this particular fan setup what speed would you suggest I set each fan to be for positive pressure etc? Seem some suggestion that it's better to set the exhaust fans to a lower speed than the intakes.

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

yes, the intakes can be whatever speed you want as long as you don't mind the noise level. set the exhaust a bit slower.

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

You want positive pressure, so you generally want more fans on intake than out. Top and back are exhaust, bottom and front are intake.

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

I'm going with x2 120mm front intake x2 120mm bottom intake x3 120mm top exhaust and 1x 120mm back exhaust

• 47 months ago
  • 2 points

Yeah that's what I did.

• 47 months ago
  • 1 point

so, how's it looking scotty? been a while :).

• 47 months ago
  • 1 point

It's looking good. I ended up going with the:

– Front: 2x140mm intake
– Top: 200mm exhaust
– Rear: 140mm exhaust
– Bottom: 140mm intake

I had to be a little creative with cable ties to ensure that the PSU cables (in particular the ones to the GPU) weren't blocking the airflow of the bottom intake fan.

The PWM Hub on my case didn't work though, needed to get that replaced. I decided to just connect my CPU cooler to it as well, using an MSI Afterburner fan curve to adjust the speeds.

• 47 months ago
  • 1 point

Are you using air cooling for CPU? I am using top fan as intake

• 47 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah I'm using air cooling. Set up so that air is blown in through the front/bottom and pushed towards the top/rear to be exhausted as hot air rises etc.

Though it's basically the positive vs negative pressure argument.

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube