add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Need help picking out a case ($150 range)

ryand83

55 months ago

trying to get the best deal on a case since I am not too familiar with what is a good choice i'm thinking about going with a $100-$150 budget. I'm also looking for something with tons of upgrade room (planning on getting a gtx 970) and has a gamer feel to it.

Comments

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

What do you mean by a gamer feel? A bunch of flashy leds?

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

Just looks man, I don't need or want LED lights as much as I would probably like them. If I got those lights i'd be tempted on making it feel like a laser light show 24/7 :P

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

I would recommend a Phantek Luxe, it has tons of options , you shouldn't run of room in for all but the most insane build, and has built in changeable led on the outside of the case and you can buy a led strip from Phantek that is controllable by the led button on the case that controls the outside led color.

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks man, case looks nice and within the aimed budget. Will probably end up with the purple just to entice the g/f though lol.

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

With an "upgrade" to the case fans, you can usually rid yourself of the LED equipped models. OR you can perform surgery on said fans and disconnect the LEDs permanently if you can access them or their wiring. Viable options, albeit the latter option may void warranties. (You can always put the originals back in if needed for warranty work if it is ever needed.)

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

I wouldn't spend more than 100$ on a case, personally. Bought a 730T from Corsair only because I wanted a full tower and the Enthoo Pro was out of stock, I could have used the money to upgrade my performance.

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

in addition to the Luxe you might be able to find the 760T on sale. also, NZXT's Phantom 530, Phantom 630 and Noctis 450 you should give a look.

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks guys! Yeah the Luxe looks pretty solid and i'm still looking around. Nothing is set in stone yet since my g/f is pretty much in charge of the money anyways and she is pretty stingy when it comes to technology. She hasn't even really given me a "budget" yet nor does she seem interested in looking or helping me research. She did say $600 at first then I talked her into $800 then when I told her my I7 build would be $780 she said no. So it's pretty much hit or miss.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube