add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Looking for a case with Dust Covers

iwnr

55 months ago

The build I have in mind will be unseen most of the time, ~1ft off the ground and beside the desk. Its proximity to the ground and my previous experience with (oh my god so dusty) older computer builds has scarred me for life, and I'd really like to take a dust-can to this build as few times as possible during its lifespan without worrying about temperature or performance. Basically, I want dust screens on ALL intake and exhaust ports as well as hidden cable management. Other things like a screen in the side or front usb/audio are irrelevant as far as my build is concerned, though solid black or black and red is a requirement for the color scheme.

Thanks!

Comments

• 55 months ago
  • 2 points

I don't know of any cases that come with complete dust filters...but I know there's a site out there that makes custom dust filters for pretty much every single case out there, but I can't remember their name. I'd just buy a decent case and then the magnetic filters as the full set will get pricey. If you find a case that isn't registered with them, and you take specific measurements with pictures, I think they give you the set for "free" (Take your money and then reimburse if you send pictures back that shows it is done right).

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

Wow, that's a great idea! I didn't even think about custom filters!

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

Not sure if there are other companies, but it sounds like iwnr is referring to

http://www.demcifilter.com/default.aspx

I have no personal experience with their filters yet (I keep forgetting/putting off measuring my case for filters), but they seem like a very good option.

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

That's them, thanks. Totally forgot their name.

• 55 months ago
  • 2 points

Going a bit overboard, but this case by SilverStone (not yet listed on this site, as it isn't yet sold anywhere...) is incredibly dustproof (and spill proof!). It used HEPA filters to prevent dust (and just about any other particle) from entering the case.

http://silverstonetek.com/product.php?pid=525

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

Holy crap, as someone who lives with two cats, that's beautiful.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube