add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

When is the best time to buy parts for a pc?

thewhiteshadow

54 months ago

I didn't really know where to put this question, so please correct me if i'm wrong, but i'm wondering when is a good time to buy parts (as in when they have all the promos, rebates etc.)

Comments

• 54 months ago
  • 2 points

Black Friday, cyber Monday, and just after Christmas. There's sometimes good deals for back to school time too at local retail stores like bestbuy

• 54 months ago
  • 2 points

Just keep your eyes open, things go on sale all the time. Black friday/cyber monday is a good day but that doesnt necessarily mean the parts you have an eye on will go on sale.

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

The absolute best deals at least in my opinion occur during black Friday and Cyber Monday. Every other holiday was just meh for me. Really great deals during that time frame though. You can usually find exceptional deals on random days too if you just keep your eyes open and watch for them.

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

ok :/ little annoyed then, was planning on buying the next time a bunch of deals come, so i guess i will be buying soon,

Thanks though! :)

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

Are the deals good enough to wait for? Or are they nothing special?

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

If your willing to wait id say wait. The deals are pretty big. I got an I7 4790k for $250 last year and I saw samsungs 250gb evo SSDs sell for around $70 usually they're around $150. The sales usually start the month of November so you don't need to wait Untill the exact day of Black Friday. That being said it's up to you is spending a little more money right now worth the couple extra months of enjoyment you'll get out of it now? Also I think intels broadwell would be released by that time.

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

I would but i feel like the deals here aren't going to be that great. I live in canada and this is my first year in the pc building community, from what i've seen deals aren't that great so i'm not sure what to do :/

• 53 months ago
  • 1 point

Deals are fantastic, I put together a PC around BF last year, and went to re look at it last month, and it was 276USD more expensive than when I built it

• 53 months ago
  • 1 point

NCIX.com has weekly giveaways for the US and Canada.

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

Thank you for asking this question. It's so annoying when you are planning to get something cheap and then it jumps in price the next day.

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

it reminds me of when you are going to buy a game on steam and it goes on sale the next day

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

Mmmmm yes. Happened to me around Christmas time. I was stupid to not wait a few more days

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube