add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Anybody a case fan/mobo expert? I want to learn.

dgb1119

77 months ago

So heres what i plan to do: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/dgb1119/saved/1S61

I plan to put the 2 sickleflows on the front, the 2 140mm fans on the top (taking out the stock top fan that comes with it), and leave the stock 120mm fan on the rear.

Time for learning. My mobo might switch in the future ( i dont really know what im looking for in a mobo, but im pretty sure $60 is cheaping out), but aside from that, how can i tell how many fans a mobo can support? Also, there's this 'Molex' talk and what not, what are they? I just want to be sure that i can support all of these fans, im really big on airflow.

Thanks for any explanations, bonus points for links or articles, I couldnt really find anything on my Google hunt.

Comments

• 77 months ago
  • 2 points

A fan controller is another option as well. Most fan controllers can support more than enough fans for each case.

• 77 months ago
  • 1 point

Im not very familiar with case but after a bit of research the fans you have are the right size and a good amount but just to be sure don't buy the fans until you get the case so that you can measure and do this with every case so that if somethings wrong you don't waste money

also nice choice of fans and I'm gonna use that 120mm case

Hope you enjoy

• 77 months ago
  • 1 point

well, thanks, I know the fans are the right size. im talking about what i need in a mobo to suffice the amount of fans i have.

• 77 months ago
  • 1 point

well I'm not the guy for the mobo but I'm pretty sure any will be good but just in case don't get the fans until you check it out

• 77 months ago
  • 2 points

Hello, Most Mobos only support up to 4 fans at a time, you could use a Molex connector, use a Splitter or get an Adapter.

-Tyler

• 77 months ago
  • 1 point

so two fans that are right next to eachother, can be connected together using the molex connectors included, and then from there plugged into the mobo?

• 77 months ago
  • 3 points

Only if the Fan has a Molex connector included, if not just get a Bitfenix Alchemy Molex adapter, you just plug the adapters molex connection into the PSu, then you can connect the fan headers into the fans.

-Tyler

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube