add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

3570k VS 4690k

HTTPRO

55 months ago

My friend just asked me which one is worth it but I couldnt answer him cause I couldnt find any gaming benchmarks.

IMO I think he should just get the Ivy over the haswell to save a few buck or so. I wanna know what you guys think and if its worth $120. BTW I sold him my Noctua NH-D14 so overclocking is a must.

i5 3570k + Gigabyte Z77-UD3H = $200

i5 4690k + Gigabyte Z97-UD3H = $320

Comments

• 55 months ago
  • 2 points

Gaming performance might vary a couple of FPS between the two, I would just get the i5 3570K, its still is a excellent cpu.

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

I think so too, but I got nothing to back it up to tell my friend that. He is running a MSI GTX 970, because I asked a few days ago about the R9 290 vs GTX 970.

• 55 months ago
  • 2 points

You're not going to tell the difference between the two in games and real world work loads. So, I'd save the $120 and buy a better GPU. The only real reason to get the 4690k is the igpu and better components on motherboard. Overclocking both will get to like 4.5+/- pretty easily with some luck getting to 4.6-4.8+/-. So if you need a lot of usb 3.0's get haswell, but if you dont and want to get a GTX 970 over a R9-280x then get ivy.

3570k runs about 10-20% slower per clock speed vs the 4690k. So one would assume in a perfect environment that a 4.0 ghz 3570k will run as fast as a stock 4690k.

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

Thank you for this very specified answer, I'll be deciding on which combo this weekend.

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

No problem :)

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

Websites such as UserBenchmark for comparisons.

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

No its not

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

No its not

While there are others willing to hand hold you through the process, I'm not one of them. Direct comparisons of processors, USB flash drives, SSDs... are available at UserBenchmark.

Plenty of members here have already used that website numerous times.

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

3570K vs 4690K

While the 3570k is a great performer still, I don't see the justification for 120$ difference. IF the 3570K and mobo are brand new, then get it. If you are getting it used, then make sure that the motherboard and chip are in good condition.

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

They're both in used condition, but the 3570k is bundle while the 4690k is not so I have to go to another buyer to get the motherboard.

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

i5 4690k + Gigabyte Z97-UD3H = $320 will be good choice.

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

hmmmm i may actually go for the i5-3570k instead of a 4690k

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube