add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Gigabyte Z87X-UD5H or ASUS Sabertooth?

cibello
  • 83 months ago

So I've been leaning on getting the Gigabyte MOBO for a little while now, but some recent reviews on Newegg is making me second guess myself. I'm looking at the Sabertooth as an alternate option. I would appreciate any further opinions about Gigabyte's board and if you have used it and experienced any problems with it or not. The same goes for the Sabertooth. My options for motherboards are pretty slim because I'm looking for a more "neutral" color scheme on my board. For example, I really like the MSI boards, but don't want to have the red on it. Anyways, I appreciate any feedback. Thx!

Comments

• 83 months ago
  • 1 point

Just know that for every negative review on Newegg, there are 100 other people who liked the motherboard just fine.

Personally, my friend and I used the UD5H for his build about a week and a half ago and he loves it. One of the big reasons he got it is because Gigabyte boards are known to be more friendly with OS X. It also comes with an additional 2 front panel USB 3.0 ports that slot into a 5.25" bay. Definitely a nice accessory. The BIOS is also really nicely laid out. So at least from personal experience, the board is great. It's also a really nice looking board. The gold is a deep, darker gold. Looked awesome in person.

One little issue we ran in to was that the 8 pin CPU power connector was pretty high up the board, and we almost didn't have clearance with the H100i on the top of his case. It fit, but it was tight.

• 83 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks for the input! I really appreciate that. I'm doing my first PC build, and I'm hoping for it to go smooth as possible(fingers crossed lol). When I first started researching, Gigabyte seemed to be a pretty reliable company to go with for a motherboard without any major issues. So when I saw some of the recent reviews saying that they would never buy Gigabyte again, I was starting to shy away a little bit because what they were complaining about seemed pretty severe. I also understand that every company will always have some duds that fall into consumer hands. It happens. Again, I appreciate the response! :)

• 83 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah no problem! I've heard good things about the Z87-Pro too, but that color scheme is a little more extreme.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube