add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Good mATX LAN Cases?

roninmedia

54 months ago

I'm trying to find a smaller case that can house my mATX motherboard and single GPU set-up. It's currently housed in a case with handles (Storm Sniper) because back when I build it, the mATX case selections will fairly limited.

Considering my current case weighs in at 26 lbs empty, even with sturdy handles, it can be annoying to move around. It doesn't necessarily have to have handles if it's light enough to cradle in my arms.

Comments

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

can house my mATX motherboard and single GPU set-up

all micro atx cases will let you install dual GPU...

the smallest micro atx case are the

Silverstone SG09/SG10 at 23 liters. Silverstone has a carrying bag that will work with this cases

http://www.silverstonetek.com/product.php?pid=32&area=en

Silverstone SG11/SG12 at 22.7 liters. The SG12 has a carrying handle on the front panel..

http://www.silverstonetek.com/product.php?pid=540&area=en

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

Can you specify the motherboard you're using?

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

Processor: Intel Core i5-2500K
Motherboard: ASUS Maximus IV Gene-Z
Graphics: 1 x 3GB MSI R7950 Twin Frozr 3GD5/OC
RAM: 2 x 4GB G.SKILL Sniper Low Voltage
Storage: 250GB Samsung Evo 850
Storage: 1TB Samsung Spinpoint F3
Storage: 3TB TOSHIBA PH3300U
Cooling: CORSAIR Hydro Series H60
Power: Seasonic X750 Gold

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

If you're happy to attach the 2.5" SSD using double sided tape or velcro, I think your components should all fit inside of a 20.8 litre Rosewill Legacy U3.

Max Yuryev built a really similar system to yours last year, at least in terms of component sizes, here are his videos that show both the case and the build:

His H80i is 11mm thicker than your H60, his Titan is 6mm longer than your HD 7950, so yours should be an even easier build.

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

Bitfenix Prodigy M

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube