add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

poor caselabs

PureBlackFire

54 months ago

getting ripped off by inwin and thermaltake. discuss.

Comments

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

... Huh? How are they getting ripped off?

I know Inwin makes expensive cases; does Caselabs expect to lose their control over the stupidly expensive case market?

Barely know anything about Thermaltake other than their cases usually seem focused on custom water loops. And only a few of their PSUs are good, but they reuse/have odd names so it gets confusing...

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

huh? inwin made a clone and thermaltake has been copying since they saw the first CL case. thermaltake case "usually being focused on custom water loops" is a very new thing lol. like since last year. see the progression from vague copying to perfecting the cloning process?

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

Ah, must have posted that after I got on the page and started my post.

If anything, it's more for Caselabs and Inwin to fight it out in court over industrial espionage charges...

Though, if the "specifically requested by OCUK and designed to their specifications" means "OCUK gave them blueprints with everything marked on them", then Inwin might be able to get off free due to "Clean Room Design"; they just built what they were told to build with whatever holes and markings.

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

Well, there is "being inspired" and blatantly copying. Funny how they can still keep a straight face when saying these are no copies whatsoever.

I'm curious about the quality though. More often than not, these "Made in Taiwan" knock-offs simply lack the durability and build quality of the original products.

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 54 months ago
  • 1 point

Never been near a TT case so far, and it thus looks like it won't happen :p

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

I totally get it, but this is a large asian company that basically churns out cheap crap mass produced and CL is an american start up with low volume, high production costs, high build quality and crafmanship. look at the thermalclone's door wobble when it opens. Shannon can't even put the top panel back on. anybody who wants a case to hold $2000+ worth of watercooling gear might want on that doesn't fall apart in a year or two. this is like buying a coolmax 550 watt because it's cheaper than seasonic. I mean, if you're getting a case this size don't you have 4 gpus and some rads already?

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube