add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

PSU for 3 Asus DirectCU III 980 Ti's in SLI

Hp7242
  • 58 months ago

I have been looking at the new 980 Ti's, and the Asus DirectCU III model looked very appealing. The only problem is that it uses two 8-pin power connectors. I could potentially be using 3 of these in SLI. What would be a good PSU for this setup? My setup without the graphics cards is about 250 Watts without overclocking the CPU. The CPU is the i7-5820K, and I would like an overclock of about 4 GHz from the initial 3.3 GHz. The power of one 980 Ti is 250 Watts without an overclock, and I would be overclocking 3. Thanks in advance for your help!

Comments

• 58 months ago
  • 1 point

Corsair's AX series? Umm.... Budget?

• 58 months ago
  • 1 point

It's probably going to be at least 1200w for just no OC, and that's going to be starting at 180$...

Too early to see any actual wattage usage benchmarks on the 980ti's...

OC of course depends on the actual voltages and frequencies reached, so it's a bit hard to judge...

Hmm... I'd say go for 1600w. This is a good 80+ Platinum rated unit: https://pcpartpicker.com/part/evga-power-supply-220p21600x1
For another 60$, you can get the 80+ Titanium unit: https://pcpartpicker.com/part/evga-power-supply-220t21600x1

• 58 months ago
  • 1 point

the EVGA 1200P2 would be fine.

• 58 months ago
  • 1 point

An EVGA 1300W G2 would work well.

• 58 months ago
  • 1 point

After seeing everything on here, I'm am going back and planning on just using 2 way SLI. Thanks to everyone for the helpful advice!

[comment deleted by staff]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube