add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Any of you guys play IL-2 1946?

jacobs4525

56 months ago

This has been one of my favorite sims since I first played it when I was 11. There's a fantastic modding community that has managed to modernize a game from the early 2000s, and keep it fun and new. SAS1946.com is the main modding site (you can find me there as Mojojojo) and has a very friendly community of aviation/flight sim enthusiasts. I highly recommend this game, and it's cheap on steam. The flight physics are fantastic, and with some graphics mods it runs very very well while looking fantastic. If you want a fun sim to simulate WWII era (and now even Korean war and Vietnam war era, with modern planes like the F-16, F/A-18, and Harrier starting to pop up) air combat, this would be my recommendation.

Comments

There are no comments.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube