add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

What will be the effect of increasing the gpu memory clock?

JoeyThePCNoob
  • 81 months ago

will i get higher fps will this help me in any way. any feedback would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Comments

• 81 months ago
  • 1 point

yes you may get higher fps, though this is not always the case. i would suggest to get msi afterburner and combustion and test the fps before you overclock your ram and then after to see if you get a noticeable increase. just do your research on what other people are getting for their speeds and try not to exceed 10%.

• 81 months ago
  • 2 points

ok thanks for the help

• 81 months ago
  • 1 point

Overclocking your VRAM will likely increase your performance, especially in games that utilize more memory. It'll decrease the amount of time spent delivering frames from your buffer. In general, overclocking your memory as far as it'll go will give you a 5% - 10% boost in FPS, though your mileage may vary depending on the game and your memory bus width.

• 81 months ago
  • 1 point

You could also try evga precision, close to msi afterburner but a little sleeker and more user friendly!

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube