add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Will my case support a custom loop?

thedrumer1010

54 months ago

Will the NZXT Noctis support a gpu + cpu custom loop? I was going to put one in my system shortly but now that I am looking at it, I am not sure if it is possible. Could I maybe remove the piece blocking the drive cages on the right? I'm not sure, any advice would be extremely helpful. Thanks! :D

Comments

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

It supports a 360MM rad at the top and front and it will support up to a 140MM rad at the rear and you could get a pump and reservoir combo and you could mount it somewhere, I'm just not sure where you could or if its possible without modding the case a little.

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

Yea, i'm not as much worried about the rad support, I just need to find a place to put the pump/res (most likely a combo). And when you mention "modding the case a little" what exactly do you mean by a little, because i've never modded a case before but if it's simply drilling a few holes, that's not a big deal at all.

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

By modding I mean drill a few holes or if you don't care for a more permanent and unorthodox solution you could always use epoxy or something similar.

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

XD, i'm probably not going for a completely permanent option, but I can definitely drill a few holes somewhere, the only question for me is where would I? And I kinda want to showcase my res if I can.

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

I honestly have no idea where you could, you would most likely want to do it somewhere on top of the psu cover/basement

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

Yea, that's what I was thinking. And could you by chance explain to me how a res/pump combo works on it's side? I've seen some youtubers do it and it confused the heck out of me. Also, this is probably how I would do it because I don't want my res/pump combo to be in the way of my gpu or vice versa.

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

get the fractal design define S instead

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 54 months ago
  • 1 point

I know it's a little late but this post helped a lot! Thanks a ton bro!

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube