add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Can't put it back

meozelde

56 months ago

Hello, I tried to install another air cooler on my CPU and failed (but that's not the topic), and now I can't put the old one back on my motherboard : it's """legs""" don't fit the holes. I did unblock them, but it doesn't help at all ... CPU is i7-4790k and mobo is ga-z97x-ud3h, what should I do ?

Comments

• 56 months ago
  • 1 point

You may have accidentally reshaped to holes by forcing it in too hard in which case you messed up your mobo. Try to fit the stock intel cooler if this doesn't work your mobo is damaged and you need a new one. What was the previous cooler and what is the one you tried to fit the new one may have been only compatible with older Intel Mobos.

• 56 months ago
  • 1 point

get a cooler with a backplate.... this is a very good budget cooler

https://pcpartpicker.com/part/cryorig-cpu-cooler-h7

• 56 months ago
  • 1 point

..it's """legs""" don't fit the holes.

? Hopefully you have not damaged your mobo. If it is not damaged, consider using a decent aftermarket cooler with a backplate as already mentioned by pegotico.

Other popular value alternatives, Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo and Raijintek AIDOS.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube