add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Choosing a PSU

Asus_United
  • 58 months ago

I need a PSU that has to be good and reliable. I am Choosing between the Bitfenix Fury 750W and the Corsair AX760. Is there any other PSU for me. I need it between 750W and 1000W.

Comments

• 58 months ago
  • 1 point

Please refer to this "Listings" for future reference: Toms hardware 2.0 | PCMR protips | Newegg(OLDER LIST)

Bitfenix fury is considered to be a Tier 3 while the Corsair AX is considered to be a Tier 1(Or 2). I would recommend the Corsair AX over the Bitfenix Fury.

Some other alternatives would include XFX XTR, EVGA GS, EVGA G2, .

• 58 months ago
  • 1 point

The Evga G2.

• 58 months ago
  • 1 point
  • what country are you in?
  • what is your budget? AFAIK those units have $50+ in between in most markets so they aren't even in the same price range normally
  • what build is this for?
  • are you actually limited to those two options for some reason?

in any case the AX 760 is one of the best ~750 watt psus on the market while the fury is clear on the other side of the spectrum. it's a rebrand of the fsp aurum gold, same as evga nex750G, and doesn't even have evga's attempts at improving on the original AFAIK. basically, you shouldn't buy the fury ever unless a) you're fearless or b) you get it for $50USD or less

• 58 months ago
  • 1 point

Right now the corsair ax760 is 99.99 bucks on my pcpp list. That's after a 10% off, that ends on the 8th, and 30 dollar Mir. I'd still suggest the evga supernova g2 750 watt.

• 58 months ago
  • 1 point

Is Seasonic a good brand, cuz I don't want EVGA.

• 58 months ago
  • 1 point

Seasonic is an awesome brand. Can I ask why you don't want evga?

• 58 months ago
  • 1 point

Had a bad history. True story. My friend bought a EVGA 1200 Supernova and caught fire. My Evga 960 Overheated and won't turn back on.

• 58 months ago
  • 1 point

That's understandable. It would leave a bad taste in my mouth too.

• 58 months ago
  • 1 point

That isn't normal, that was extremely bad luck and is most likely a one off unit or your ffriend caused the firefrom mishandling and evga would for sure if it was there fault. Also what do mean by overheating? It shouldn't have happened.fyi evga doesn't make the g2 series, its a rebrraned superflower leadex psu and superflower is on par with seasonic.

• 58 months ago
  • 1 point

And I just don't like EVGA in general.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube