add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

i5 4690 vs FX 9370 ???

martobs

55 months ago

I will be using my PC for gaming/streaming/video editing (1080p) Video Card Sapphire R9 280x Vapor-X 3-x OC

Comments

• 55 months ago
  • 4 points

for gaming the i5-4690 is the clear winner.. The FX 9370 would be better in multitasking, though you could get a xeon...

• 55 months ago
  • 0 points

my budget only allows that.

• 55 months ago
  • 3 points

I would go with the i5.....

• 55 months ago
  • 2 points

You could use a Xeon 1231v3 it's about $250. Basically an i7 without the igpu. It works in 1150 sockets same as the 4690.

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/intel-cpu-bx80646e31231v3

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

Defiantly go with the xeon if possible!

• 55 months ago
  • 3 points

Get the 4690k and an aftermarket cooler because even if you do not want to OC now, you may want to in the future. But of the 2 you selected, the i5 is the clear winner.

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

What is your budget? If you want to get a FX-9370 id stay away. Mind as well just get a FX-8350 and a decent air cooler and just clock it to match speed or be close.

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

Unless you plan on overclocking, I say the i5 (if not ONLY for the lower thermal envelope and much better single threaded performance)

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube