add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Asus and their QVL

xplasqura
  • 83 months ago

So i was checking around a couple websites and decided to look at Asus' QVL(qualified vendor list) for some of their motherboards and to my surprise the "compatible" parts seem limited to what PCPartPicker has. Out of curiosity why is that? Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• 83 months ago
  • 1 point

The sheer number of RAM sticks available is so large, I'd wager it is unrealistic for Asus to be able to test them all. In general, if you stick to the specifications of the motherboard (speed, voltage, etc.) you should be ok.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube