add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Interesting list of psu reccomends..

griffscavern
  • 58 months ago

Found this list while on another forum. It breaks down the PSUs by giving a makers name, wattage, lists OEM, and link to a review site. Thought I'd share it. http://www.johnnylucky.org/power-supplies/psu-recommendations.html

Also has a link to a lemon list.

Comments

• 58 months ago
  • 3 points

This is much, MUCH better than the "tier" list. No nonsense about tiers, just links you to the original review that the compiler(s) based their inclusion or exclusion criteria on. Also doesn't apply review data to whole series, but rather just to the actual individual model. Also shows a lot more work put into it, including the verified OEM for each device.

Thanks for showing us this! Obviously it will have trouble staying up to date, but it's still a good resource.

• 58 months ago
  • 2 points

This is much, MUCH better than the "tier" list. No nonsense about tiers, just links you to the original review that the compiler(s) based their inclusion or exclusion criteria on. Also doesn't apply review data to whole series, but rather just to the actual individual model. Also shows a lot more work put into it, including the verified OEM for each device. Thanks for showing us this! Obviously it will have trouble staying up to date, but it's still a good resource.

quoted for truth.

• 58 months ago
  • 1 point

I agree. The toms list is good, but offers no explanation as to why. This list at least leads you to a reputable review of the psu. I do hope they periodically update it, but since I just found it I don't know if it is.

• 58 months ago
  • 1 point

The tier list also has some weird issues (the EVGA GS 650 and 550w versions aren't separated from the higher wattage versions which are slightly better, and the corsair CS series is listed as tier 3).

• 58 months ago
  • 2 points

If methodological errors were holes, the tier list would sink faster than the lusitania.

• 58 months ago
  • 1 point

Lol so true.

• 58 months ago
  • 1 point

So true. When I came across this list I was pleasantly surprised that it had the links to the reviews most of all, but also showed the amps on the 12v rail, and oem. The toms list is just too difficult to truly ascertain any valid info from.

• 58 months ago
  • 1 point

the Tom's list has the wrong approach, or rather the author just doesn't go in depth enough for something with that structure. this list and the recommended psu faq at ocn (which needs an update as it was last updated almost a year ago) just list units that are perfectly fine to use, the OEM and links to reviews.

• 58 months ago
  • 1 point

I always found going to the toms list kind of a pain. It just left too many unanswered variables about their reasoning behind why a psu was a particular tier. I am seriously hoping that the maker of this list will update it as time goes on and as newer models appear or disappear. They really took their time to give you all the ways to find info on the psu rather than leaving it up to you to do a google search for a review. I am truly glad that I found this list on a Linus tech tips thread. Plus it lists psu brands I have never heard of or thought about.

• 58 months ago
  • 0 points

the CS series is basically on par in terms of components quality as the latest revision cx. corsair know what they're doing when they give it the same 3 year warranty. it's one of those performance (mainly efficiency) over quality series.

• 58 months ago
  • 1 point

Always useful to have another bookmark, doesn't appear as extensive as http://www.realhardtechx.com/index_archivos/PSUReviewDatabase.html tho.

• 58 months ago
  • 1 point

Nice list too. Now that's 3 I have bookmarked. ;-) Thanks for that one too.

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube