add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

What is a solid motherboard around the 90's value to pair with an amd 8320?

bigpete08
  • 83 months ago

in short, I have a build (first xD ) that I am planning to build. However I am not sure what kind of motherboard would be solid for an amd 8320 and with 7950. It is also worth mentioning that I am planning to expand on this build (/board if possible). 110 would be a bit pushing but obviously a legit reason would make me rethink about my budget. Thank you in advance. Oh, by "expanding" I don't mean like some hardcore stuff, just some things here and there: gpu in the far future, radiator, ram, memory, and fans. THANK YOU.

Comments

• 83 months ago
  • 1 point

I think you can get a gigabyte board for around that, not sure which type tho, 990 are the newest boards, gigabyte get good comments for budget components but remember you get what you pay for so a budget board may not have as many slots or features as an expensive one, the board may be hard to "expand" on tho, because some settings etc are saved to it and it could be a pain to swap over the fan and cpu etc, if your budgeting priority i think should be: power supply, mobo, cpu, these shouldn't really be cut down on,.cpu you can work around your needs but to save time later on get a good board, and a quility power supply that wont go bust. And kill everything with it.

• 83 months ago
  • 1 point

thank you. I know this is the mobo section, but would a bronze certified psu @750 do the trick for a build asking for 400? Thank you so much.

• 83 months ago
  • 1 point

No worries :), and i think so, depends on the manufacturer and how much wattage you need, people reccomended a good corsair, xfx or seasonic, i think bronze should be good enough but id double check in another section to be sure, im saving for my first build so only know the basics from help here and other forums :)

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube