add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Do you need thermal paste for an i5-4570 and a corsair H60?

AnnihilatorofPie
  • 58 months ago

I haven't really researched CLC cooling and I'm not sure whether I should use thermal paste in it. Gaben pls.

Comments

• 58 months ago
  • 1 point

... Who the heck is this "Gaben" people keep referencing?

You have to use thermal paste. Otherwise the heat will not transfer properly to the heatsink (AIO/CLC still have a heatsink; instead of air, the coolant flows through it) from the CPU and you'll either see really poor performance as the CPU throttles itself to stay alive or, worst case, you ruin the CPU.

The Corsair H60 comes with some thermal paste pre-applied to the heatsink. That means you don't need to buy any or apply any and just need to be a bit more careful when installing it.

Aside: There are better coolers than the Corsair H60...

[comment deleted]
  • 58 months ago
  • 1 point

Didn't know that...

Though... Is the guy running some cult on the side or something? Seems a bit... worship-y to see him praised/called upon... (Yea yea, Steam could be a Cult in and of itself...)

• 58 months ago
  • 1 point

It's a joke created by the members of reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace

• 58 months ago
  • 1 point

Ah, so it is a cult... :P

Yea, never really go over to reddit, so in-jokes are out of my knowledge...

• 58 months ago
  • 1 point

not a cult... a joke.

We "worship" him because of steam sales.

• 58 months ago
  • 1 point

probably the best thing about the H60 is the pre-applied thermal paste "shin etsu"....... but as FH100 said if you haven't bought it for cheaper price you can get an air cooler like the cryorig H7 which will perform better...

[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube