add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

what power supply to use,

Themanwhoneedsham
  • 58 months ago

HI! thanks for going out of your way and clicking on this topic, it means alot! Im currently mapping out a build and i have everything in place from cpu, to wireless network card. everything but one, the psu! at first my good friend was going to just give me his other one, wich is 1000w psu. but the build im making right now is only at 212w according to pc part picker's power estimator, (im using an apu and the plan is to pop in a gpu when i get the money) the gpu im planning to get uses about 120w , but to be safe i added it as 150, so to have some slack, im probably going to need a 400-450 psu. i really need this to be a good, reliable one, but at the same time im on a slim budget. 30-50 dollars give or take. I know corsair's capacitors are ****. and i don't want a sketchy "comes with the case" psu, any recommendations are appreciated, thanks again, see you later.

Comments

• 58 months ago
  • 2 points

I wouldn't call all of the caps in the CX series crap, they have only one decent jap cap but a chain is only as strongest as its weakest link so it really doesn't matter. Also what brand and model is that kilowatt psu? If you can stretch your budget a little I would recommend this. If you aren't I would get a Evga B1 psu.

https://pcpartpicker.com/part/xfx-power-supply-p1550sxxb9

• 58 months ago
  • 2 points

this list will give you the real requirement for the specific GPU you are planning on buying... I wouldn't put much trust on pc part picker's power estimator...

http://www.realhardtechx.com/index_archivos/Page362.htm

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube