add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Best cpu for gaming

kayseyomalley

54 months ago

I5-4790k or I5-4690k

Comments

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

Depends on the game. I know that the battlefield and civilization games use hyperthreading. Star citizen also uses HT, i think. Most other games dont utilize it well or at all, so i5 would get similar performance. i7 would be mainly used for rendering, video editing, streaming, heavy multitasking...etc.

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

For "Best": Intel Core i7-4790K. No such thing as i5-4790K.

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

My bad typo

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

i7 is better but the hyper threading doesn't affect gaming at all 99/100 times the i5 will be just fine

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

If you have the $$$ to do so, just get the i7-4790k. Plain and simple.

But if your budget won't allow it, just get the i5 because for gaming there would be a negligible difference in gaming performance.

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

the i5-4690k.... you wont see more than a 2 or 3% difference as games don't take advantage of hyper threading..

http://www.anandtech.com/show/8227/devils-canyon-review-intel-core-i7-4790k-and-i5-4690k/4

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

If you have the $$$ to do so, just get the i7-4790k. Plain and simple.

Sometimes it isn't necessary to give an opinion. I agree with unitedx;;

Wish there was an Agree/Endorse button here at pcp ..

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

Wish there was an Agree/Endorse button here at pcp ..

Isn't that what the up/down vote buttons are for?

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

The best gaming CPU out of the two are both. They both will perform within 1-2fps of each other using the same GPU. So it all depends on the GPU that you can afford building both builds.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube