add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Dual booting Windows 10 and Windows XP 32 bit

trueboss
  • 60 months ago

Hello,

I plan to dual boot Windows 10 64 bit and Windows XP 32 bit using this gaming rig:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/xZq9YJ

The idea is I use the SSD for Windows 10 and the HDD for Windows XP + storage space. Does anyone have any idea what's best way I can configure it? Should I install Windows XP first or Windows 10?

I also notice there are no video card drivers for WIndows XP on nvidia's website. Now i know and am fully aware that EVGA/NVIDIA is not responsible for anything that happens to my cards from me trying to get them working on windows XP.

but with that said..... is there anyone in the world that has somehow modified some drivers for the titan x to work on winXP? or perhaps is there any way possible to use the 900 series drivers or similar GPU drivers to work with the Titan X on windows XP?

And also please don't tell me to use a virtual machine because I already made up my mind.

thanks

Comments

• 60 months ago
  • 2 points

For current hardware, manufacturers ceased providing support for WinXP a years? ago. Odds of someone developing non-supported OS drivers on their own for free is unrealistic.

For Windows OS, procedure is to install oldest OS first in a multi-boot configuration.

• 60 months ago
  • 2 points

Fyi that cpu cooler isn't good for its price, I would recommend a Coolmaster Nepton 240M, it cools better and is a a lot quieter, you could get a GTX 980 Ti which is just a few FPS behind the Titan X in games but is much cheaper and that psu is awful for its price, I would recommend a Evga G2,P2, GS, or PS psu, they all are much cheaper and better.

• 60 months ago
  • 1 point

I know, I actually wanted to get a Nepton 240L but I couldnt find it in the list so I just left it to Corsair

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube