add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Replacing H100i fans

TTyphoon

56 months ago

This is my first build from 2013 in which I have a fractal design r4 case, i5 4670k, ASUS Sabertooth z97 motherboard and Corsair H100i cpu cooler. From the get-go I noticed that my H100i fans were louder than I had wanted and searched for alternatives, however from what I read most people said that the stock fans were fine. Anyway... now it's 2015 and more fans have come out. So, what fans do you guys recommend for me?

Note: I'm not a heavy overclocker, like at all. The heaviest game I play is Planetside and it runs fine, just the fans are too loud. Looking for a good balance of performance to noise, hopefully lower noise. Price isn't an issue for me as well.

Comments

• 56 months ago
  • 1 point

well... the best 120mm fans for rads are the noctua NF-F12. best performance to noise ratio. 2.61 of static pressure at only 22.4 DBA of noise

http://www.noctua.at/main.php?show=productview&products_id=42&lng=en&set=1

you wont find a better one, more static pressure (yes) but louder.. the noctua Nf-f12 industrial 2000 is a little louder but it is black and will give more static pressure.... (that is if you don't like the brown color from noctua fans)

http://www.noctua.at/main.php?show=productview&products_id=78&lng=en

• 56 months ago
  • 1 point

Had a hunch in the back of my mind that Noctua would be the first suggestion. Honestly I don't know why I would pick anything else. Gonna go order them now, thank-you for the reply!

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

hey, have you got it all hooked up? Found it much quieter?

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

Sorry for late reply - yes, they work flawlessly. They are much more quiet than the stock fans, almost half as loud. Now I can finally not hear my fans through my headphones at idle.

• 56 months ago
  • 1 point

Fractal Design Venturi HP-12. Damn quiet fans that keep an all black color scheme. You might like em.

• 56 months ago
  • 1 point

the beauty of noctua

NF-F12

2.61 of static pressure at only 22.4 DBA of noise (1500 rpm)

NF-F12 industrial 2000 (black)

3.94 of static pressure at 29.7 DBA of noise (2000 rpm)

Venturi HP-12

2.3 of static pressure at 31.7 DBA of noise (1800 rpm)

it is very difficult to find a fan that has a better performance to noise ratio than the brown NF-F12. They do look good though..

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube