add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

360 Watt Power Supply Good For 278 Total Watts?

yonz
  • 58 months ago

(I'm a first time builder) I have a total of 278 Watts, would a SeaSonic 360W 80+ Gold Certified ATX Power Supply be good for the job?

Comments

• 58 months ago
  • 2 points

if you're using a build with something like a locked i5, an i3 or Pentium G and a HD7850 (stock), 750ti or GTX 960, the seasonic 360 G would indeed be just fine. though I would always get a 450 watt + incase you replace the gpu with something better.

• 58 months ago
  • 1 point

It really depends. Please post your parts list.

• 58 months ago
  • 1 point
  • 58 months ago
  • 1 point

the wattage is fine, but you can get a 550 watt xfx TS for the price and it's almost the same unit on the inside. also, that SSD and case are horrible and you should get a Z97 motherboard.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/tj8Q23

• 58 months ago
  • 1 point

Might as well get H97 unless he wants to SLI in the future.

• 58 months ago
  • 1 point

don't know his upgrade intentions. he could be planning to get a 4790k down the road. either that or dual gpu setup is reason enought to get a bigger psu.

• 58 months ago
  • 1 point

you'll definitely want more power for that. Go for a quality 450W or 500W unit

• 58 months ago
  • 1 point

for a GTX 960 you should at least get a 430 watts

http://www.realhardtechx.com/index_archivos/Page362.htm

but as Pureblackfire recommended a 550 watts would give you some extra watts so if you want to get another GPU in the future...

• 58 months ago
  • 0 points

Better get 500 watts PSU.

• 58 months ago
  • 1 point

wouldn't 500 watts overdo it?

[comment deleted by staff]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube