add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Please help me decide over a good Closed Loop AIO Liquid Cooler (preferably with 280mm radiator)

Minotaur

56 months ago

Hey guys,

This is my first post here and I came here to ask for some advice related to AIO liquid coolers. Firstly my biggest problem is that I'm from India and here not many options are available, so making a choice is very hard for me since I don't like my options.

Now the rig I'm building has the following components:

-MOBO : MSI X99A Gaming 7 USB 3.1 (Not bought yet since it's out of stock but I have booked it)

-CPU : i7 5820K. Already ordered.

-GPU : MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6G Twin Frozr V (most expensive component and I hope it's well worth it) (Ordered and will arrive in 3 weeks)

-Monitor : BenQ 24' XL2420Z (Ordered)

-RAM : Corsair Vengeance 16 GB kit@2666 MHz (Will buy once I order my MOBO)

-Cabinet : NZXT Phantom 820 (Ordered)

So as you can see my Case Cabinet is NZXT Phantom 820 which is a full tower and supposedly has no problem in mounting 280mm liquid coolers in top configuration.

Only thing I loved was NZXT Kraken X61 which has been discontinued in India and not available anywhere.

So, I have come here so that you guys can advice me and help me find something in 280mm.

Lastly, I have also sadly maxed my budget. Mind you, I have paid very high prices since electronics is expensive in comparison to US\UK as Indian Authorities apply a lot of custom duties and tax on products. Then the retailers here also price it ridiculously as higher end machines are not common to be sold that much and they try to suck more money out of PC Enthusiasts, who will not settle for anything less.

Available options for me are:

-Cooler Master Nepton 280 L

-Swiftech H320

-Swiftech H220

-Cooler Hydro H105

I'm not sure about all these. H105 seems pretty solid but has no extra features like hue lighting PWM etc I think but from the reviews it seems it's a very good performer and is also very convenient for my wallet.

Besides this, if I import the NZXT Kraken X61 from USA then it costs me around 238 $ and I think this is not worth it then.

Any help to make up my mind regarding CPU cooler would be appreciated.

PS: Don't recommend me Noctua. I know it's a great air cooler but I'm not interested in Air coolers and I find Noctua very ugly and bulky. I bought a side panel chassis for a reason. :p

Comments

• 56 months ago
  • 2 points

The 280L is an amazingly good and quiet cooler and is pretty good value for money at least it is in the UK

• 56 months ago
  • 2 points

The NZXT Kraken 61 is available here at ebay.in in India:

http://geb.ebay.in/geb/ImportHubViewItem?itemid=291286902726&NZXT-Kraken-X61-RL-KRX61-01-280mm-All-In-One-Water-Liquid-CPU-Cooling-Solution

If for some reason u are not able to find the Kraken X61, I would see it as a blessing in disguise.. The Deepcool Captain 360 is much better option, with a 360mm rad available widely in India:

http://www.amazon.in/DEEPCOOL-GAMER-CAPTAIN-LIQUID-COOLER/dp/B00PQ6GE8K/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1434445173&sr=8-1&keywords=Deepcool+CAPTAIN+360

Many reviews have confirmed the superior performance of the Deepcool Captain 360, as naturally a 280mm rad can't be expected to compete against a 360mm rad..

Some Deepcool CAPTAIN 360 reviews which confirm it is the current leader of the pack barring the Swiftech H-240.:

1. http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Deepcool/Captain_360/6.html

2. http://www.ocaholic.ch/modules/smartsection/item.php?itemid=1520&page=4 http://www.ocaholic.ch/modules/smartsection/item.php?itemid=1371&page=2

If u are set on a 280 mm rad, I would suggest the next best on the above reviews: Enermax Liqtech 120X / Deepcool Captain 240..

If u want to buy THE ULTIMATE AIO CPU COOLER - SWIFTECH H 320 - which is unavailable throughout the world, as there are no stocks, it is available in India here:

http://www.amazon.in/Swiftech-H320-Triple-Liquid-Cooling/dp/B00E0N0CTM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1434446286&sr=8-1&keywords=Swiftech+H+320

• 56 months ago
  • 1 point

@SCDAS141 : Deepcool 360 looks really good in design and performance is also pretty cool. Swiftech 320 is the best one it seems and has a lower noise as well from the looks of it.

Swifttech H320 is in my budget (although it's a stretch for me) and I would rather buy this now than buy Kraken X61 by paying more amount just to import it. So I was right not importing it as it then screws the price\performance ratio.

NZXT site tells me that H320 will fit and is compatible in my Phantom 820 case. Do I really need to worry about this? I don't want to get screwed if I can't even fit it in my case but their website tells me it's compatible.

Man I wish it looked cool like the deepcool one as it looks like a nuclear reactor or something and has a red touch to it and my MOBO and RAM has also black\red touch\finish in it. So with Cabinet's internal hue lighting it would've looked great.

Deepcool 360 is also cheaper on my pocket and helps save some money but the performance\noise ratio of Swiftech 320 looks dayum good and worth investing as well. Since I will be over-clocking my rig heavily, so lower temps helps in letting the CPU breath comfortably.

I need to give it a thought about it. Both Deepcool 360 and Swiftech H320 would fit in my case without problems right?

• 56 months ago
  • 2 points

Shall I let you in on a little secret, when conflicted about 2 almost similar things - go with the newer one.. Also what'll matter to you more ?? A 10 C more of cooling or a SNAZZY JAZZY rocking cooler which u can also chase the pants off ur friends showing-off..

I'd go with the Deepcool in a heart-beat if I were you as, even tho' the H-320 might still be the High-king but it is nearing the end of its reign (product-life) and can expect a lot better support for the Captain 360.. whatever u decide go with the best cooling paste on the market: Coollaboratory Liquid Ultra 35.2 W/mK conductivity.. google it up, both the paste as well as conductivity..

• 56 months ago
  • 1 point

Trust me if its performance wasn't a little disappointing I would've ordered it by now because when it comes to looks, I think nothing tops this Captain 360 cooler. Absolutely amazing.

But I don't want to impress anyone and I'm more inclined on the performance side. H320 seems to have 6-8ºC leverage over it easily. Just read this review: http://truepcgaming.com/2015/06/09/deepcool-captain-360-liquid-cpu-cooler-review/

Saw some video reviews as well and everyone is saying the same stuff about it.

In India, during summers, ambient temperatures are quite high when compared to west so that's why every degree helps my case.

Deepcool seems to be reaching 80 degrees in OC mode on load and I have used good air coolers in the past as well that did the same. CLC should at least aim below 70ºC imo. I think the more clearance and smooth, unrestricted airflow also helps because air coolers also clutter the PC a bit inside.

Anyways I would've picked H320 without second thought if its price was same as deepcool 360. So seeing the pros and cons of both I'm having some hard time deciding between the two.

And I will google the thermal paste. I think such little things can do wonder with temps. Not sure i could find this Thermal paste in India though. :p

• 56 months ago
  • 2 points

whoa.. whoa.. 800 C in OC ?? how mistaken u are dude.. what is that ****** site truepcgaming.com ?? It doesn't even conduct a test & passes a verdict.. If u want a real test with real temp results, here they are:

http://us.hardware.info/productinfo/309501/deepcool-captain-360/testresults

Agreed the H-320 is better than Captain 360 but only by about 1-20 C of temps that's all.. The main advantage that the H-320 has over the Captain 360 is in decibel-level.. The H-320 runs at a silent 32 db even under extreme OC whereas The Deepcool 360 has been recorded at 60 db, but keep in mind that tests were recorded at a distance of 10 cm from the cooler..

Audio test result: http://us.hardware.info/productinfo/benchmarks/19/cpu-coolers?products[]=309501&specId=3972&tcId=155

Here is another VALID TEST RESULT vis-a-vis Deepcool 360 vs Swiftech H-240X.. u can see it performs better than half the line-up:

http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Deepcool/Captain_360/6.html

After all the discussion, it is a confirmed fact that as far as PERFORMANCE ONLY goes, there is none equal to the Swiftech H-320 because it is the only one with a copper-lined radiator.. hence its fantastic thermal results.. AND YES, grab it before it too disappears from stock like in the rest of the world..

Best of luck with ur build mate.. Cheers!!!

• 56 months ago
  • 1 point

Sorry lol I meant on full load when under OC config. In gaming CPU doesn't constantly get under full load like in these benchmark programs so I can see deepcool 360 being one great cooler when it comes to design and looks and pretty good topping some major 240mm contenders.

In any case I will just go ahead and buy Swiftech H320 and hope for the best. Btw Is the build quality of Swiftech 320 good, like the tubes and everything solid?

I might bump up the thread again if i need some advice regarding thermal paste.

Oh and i see AMD Fiji series is out. Gotta read the news as I hope I didn't make the mistake in booking GTX 980 Ti.

[comment deleted]
  • 56 months ago
  • 2 points

You need to hit the reply button and type in it at the bottom of there message otherwise they won't get a notification

• 56 months ago
  • 1 point

Done. Cheers Man!

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube