add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

SeaSonic S12II 620W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply

VonTed
  • 58 months ago

I have this PSU, building a new rig..... but the power supply appears to have only one 6/8pin connector for the video card.

I am also using this GPU: XFX Radeon R9 290X 4GB, but the video card wants two separate power feeds; 6 pin each(maybe 8 and 6 pin). Right now I have the one power lead plugged in to both power feeds to the card (using one of the extra pigtails).

My build list says no compatibility problems.... but the power connector/video card thing has me concerned.

Is this correct?

(this is the parts list overall http://pcpartpicker.com/p/8LvbQ7 )

Comments

• 58 months ago
  • 1 point

you're fine as is. the video card needs one 6-pin and one 8-pin, and that's exactly what this psu has. maybe you could get a modular or otherwise better variant of this psu (I probably wouldn't take this model for $96 shipped to my door) as this price range is positively packed with seasonic S12II/S12G variants and other good platforms, but you've got nothing to worry about in this build.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube