add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Liquid cooling recommendations for an NZXT S340 case

zpconn

56 months ago

Hi all,

I'm looking to build a new machine in an NZXT S340 case with a GTX 980 Ti and a Core i7 4790k processor. I know that a great liquid CPU cooler I could use is the NZXT Kraken X61, but there are two reasons I want something else:

(1) I really want colored tubing, either transparent with colored liquid or just blue/red tubing itself.

(2) I'd ideally like to liquid cool the GPU as well in a single loop with the CPU.

At the same time I've never set up a liquid cooling loop on my own so I'm honestly really out of my league in a sense here. Could anyone make some recommendations on what cooling setup to go with here?

Comments

• 56 months ago
  • 2 points

swiftech H240-X or H220X

http://www.swiftech.com/H240-X.aspx

http://www.swiftech.com/H220-X.aspx

both:

The system can be entirely customized thanks to easily replaceable tubing and fittings.

•Thanks to its powerful pump it can support additional liquid cooled components such as graphics cards and/or additional radiator(s).

•The factory fittings can now be upgraded to any G1/4 compatible after-market fittings (an optional adapter is needed for the pump outlet and is available here), which will allow enthusiast users to upgrade their system to 1/2" ID tubing if they wish to.

• 56 months ago
  • 2 points

You are going to want to go with a Switchtech 240X which will allow you to expand on it and replace the tubing, I would getting some 120MM rad because imo a 280MM rad isn't enough for a cpu and a gpu.

• 56 months ago
  • 1 point

*A 120MM rad.

• 56 months ago
  • 1 point

Oh I really like this one in Red tubing/theme too.. Really dig it, performance is also staggering..

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

Not a very well known company (yet), but with pretty good reviews on their products. I am running one of their air coolers at the moment.

Here is the red Triton at Newegg:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA66Z29F0448&cm_re=raijentek-_-9SIA66Z29F0448-_-Product

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

Oh I believe it is one of the stars in cpu cooling, as of today!! The temps in some Reviews, just after the Swiftech H-240 & Deepcool CAPTAIN 360.. Ofcourse the CAPTAIN 360 has a 360mm rad..

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube