add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

my psu is 400w and my estimate wattage 190 will it still work?

JohnMcc99
  • 58 months ago

built in part checker says there is no compatability issues but it seems wrong was wondering if there was someone smarter than me who knows more about the subject than me. Please respond

Comments

• 58 months ago
  • 1 point

It really depends on what your list is. Post it.

• 58 months ago
  • 1 point

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/8bZ7Jx also for a half decent/cheap pc is a graphics card intensly nessacary PS: im a pc building noob

• 58 months ago
  • -2 points

I'm fairly certain your psu is liable to blow up. Idk, Vitacomp probably knows better than I do.

• 58 months ago
  • 2 points

I think you have your brands confused.

• 58 months ago
  • 1 point

Maybe.

• 58 months ago
  • 2 points

Seaonic for sure doesn't have any psu's that are going to blow up, that is Diablotek territory, Seasonic makes all of there own psu's which is rare and they are the one of the very few comapnies besides Detla, XFX which are just rebranded Seasonic psu's and Superflower that you can buy based on name because they don't have any crappy psu's.

• 58 months ago
  • 1 point

Ok thanks for the explanation :)

• 58 months ago
  • 1 point

You don't want to leave enough space for a discrete video card eventually? It wouldn't cost much more to get a decent 500W+ PSU.

Either way, a 400W PSU should be plenty for a build without a video card. Are you worried its too much? That's not possible. A 1600W PSU would work just fine (although at such a low energy draw, it wouldn't be that efficient since PSUs tend to work best at ~50-80% load I believe).

• 58 months ago
  • 1 point

i put in a cheap asus geforce 2gb video card so ill i put in a 500w psu

• 58 months ago
  • 1 point

Ahh. I was looking at one of your saved part lists. Did you change from an APU to a FX CPU?

• 58 months ago
  • 1 point

This could be easier to Judge if you would just listed the link to the Actual Build .. ??

When in Doubt Go with a Top Notch PSU.. Honestly.. I would run my Build off of the Bubble Wrap while Saving up for a Case if it helped me out with the extra $20 to get a Quality PSU vs some pile of rubbish. And Normally the price difference is honestly less than 20 dollars Grin

Examples of a Good PSU From my Favorites:

SeaSonic S12G 550W 80+ Gold Certified ATX Power Supply

EVGA SuperNOVA GS 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply

EVGA SuperNOVA GS 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply

EVGA 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply

EVGA 850W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply

When in Doubt.. Just stick with One of These and you will be Good to Go for an ATX Build in My Humble Opinion..

Fun Times !!

• 58 months ago
  • 0 points

yes you can use it. select the tier 1 PSU

http://i.imgur.com/tgrbCnr.jpg

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube