add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Steam Summer sale roundup - What did you get and you opinions?

ArchiMarK

55 months ago

So, what did you guys bought during the summer sale and what are your opinions in general of the offers this year?

I got Fallout NV, mainly to see if I like it enough to get hyped for Fallout 4, Borderlands 2 and Skyrim since I wanted to pick those up for some time now, and the Stanley Parable juts as a quick and light pass-time. Got to say though that I was a bit disappointed by the "bundle deals only" rubbish Rockstar pulled with GTA V, since I was really hoping to get a discounted copy of this. But all in all, I'm quite pleased and probably set for another year, seeing that I still have some other games I still need to finish (typical Steam/first world problem I guess :p )

Comments

• 55 months ago
  • 3 points

8 Tomb raider games for my fiancee.
Pixel Piracy.
Hero Seige.
Planetary Annihilation. (CRAP)

Really pathetic sales tbh.

• 55 months ago
  • 2 points

Gotta agree with you on the general sales. It was disappointing compared with some of the previous sales, though I'm not sure why... Perhaps some of the big recent releases were just too recent to give a decent deal, I don't know.

• 55 months ago
  • 2 points

The sales to me seemed like they were just plugging GTA 5 and The Witcher 3 the whole time. Also the pressure to pre order is stronger than ever when I log in.

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

Same here. During E3 it was in fact the same thing: "preorder and get some fancy hats" or the like. And this is what it gets us in the end.

It's frustrating to see the industry going down the "release now, patch later" route and people giving them money over and over again for unoptimised console ports without thinking.

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

Definitely agree. The monster game was more fun than anything I considered to buy.

I did almost pull the trigger on Wolfenstein: tno for $15 though...

Kind of regretting not getting that.

• 55 months ago
  • 2 points

Got some library fillers for my new system.

Some crazy list here we go:

Left 4 Dead, Left 4 Dead 2, Payday 2, Portal , Portal 2, Bioshock, Bioshock 2, Bioshock Infinite, Grid-Autosport, Tom Clancy's H.A.W.K.s, Saints Row 2, Saints Row 3, Saints Row 4, (All Saints Row DLC), Watchdogs,

Some great classics that im happy to have for my summer, all for the grand total of.....

£38.16 $60.24 €53.72

Praise Gaben...

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

That's a very nice list of things you got there, seems to me you'll probably be settled for the coming year or so :)

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

My thoughts when buying. I needed some classics to get me through summer!

• 55 months ago
  • 2 points

Dishonored

Saints 2, 3, and 4 with all DLC

Tomb Raider - I was going to get a refund on it since I wasn't all the way satisfied with it but by the time I did the summer sale would have been over with so I just kept it.

Would have gotten more games but I really needed a new monitor and gpu but both happen to be defective upon arrival.

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

Ouch, both a new monitor and GPU DOA? That's very unlucky. At least you should be able to get a quick replacement. Which ones did you get btw?

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

Yup, I have a Acer S220HQLAbd, it kept powering off every 5 seconds, and a Asus R7 260X DirectCU II OC, which just refuses to work right so its most likely defective. Wow I just checked and they already are shipping me a new monitor, I haven't even sent in the old one yet.

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

A crappy sale.... but I got some deals

• Xcom- complete edition. Incredible game, loved it on 360 going to love it on PC

• Farcry 3. Loved it on 360 going to love it on PC, can't wait to actually finish it this time.

• Bound by flame. Pretty mediocre.... It's a crappy rpg but the armour customisation is excellent!

• Insurgency. Love it! Excellent and intense game, great for those who like a challenge!

• Arma 2 Combined Ops. I bought this for Dayz.... but the game is better then that mod :(

• Chivalry. Holy crap.... the amount of fun my friends have on this is crazy, for 2.50$ it was a steal! I would have gladly paid full price or even a 60$ price!

Summary

The summer sale was crap. It didn't even have any starwars sales..... and ESO never went on sale and i really wanted to try that. Oh well, it was still something to experience!

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

You're not missing out on ESO trust me. You can get it for like £20 on G2play or you could pay me to kick you in the nuts... I'm not sure which is the better deal.

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

Either I'm getting better at restraining myself, or the sales are worse this year. I didn't get that much, but I'm pretty stoked about a few of my purchases:

• Commandos 2
  • Car Mechanic Simulator 2014
  • Rochard
  • Revolution Ace
  • Sir, You Are Being Hunted*
  • Clickteam Fusion 2.5*

*The ones I really care about.

These days I buy all my titles as gifts and put them in my inventory until I actually have time to play them; that way if I never get around to them I can give them away or trade them, lol.

Praise Gaben.

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

Never considered doing that, is there any disadvantage to buying everything as gifts?

• 55 months ago
  • 0 points

See my reply to Ravenhelm.

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

That's actually a very good idea... Never thought about that, thanks!

[comment deleted]
  • 55 months ago
  • 0 points

Not that I'm aware. You can't trade them for 30 days after you buy?

[comment deleted]
  • 55 months ago
  • 1 point

Ended up getting a few games myself but not too much due to "lack of time to play much" haha

• Assassins Creed - £2.49
  • Assassins Creed 2 Deluxe Edition - £2.49
  • Saints Row: The Third plus all DLC - £4.24
  • Sonic: Adventure 2 Battle - £3.98

Mainly got these to replay the earlier assassins creeds, because Saints Row 3 was epic especially getting all the DLCs etc for the price, and has anybody here played with Chaos in Sonic? I can say I've always had a love for them.

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

I went a bit bonkers in the Steam Summer Sale, I honestly don't want to add up how much I spent!

A video where I talk about my post-Summer Sale Steam library is here if anyone's interested in watching :) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osWoAsC44lc

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

I picked up dishonered, pretty fun so far.

[comment deleted by staff]
[comment deleted]
  • 55 months ago
  • 1 point

I was considering Civ 5 as well, but I tend to get sick of RTS games pretty quick when playing against bots (and most of my friends don't really have the time anymore to sit behind a pc a whole evening like we used to :p )

But yeah, pretty lame sales this time around. Guess the next big one would be the Autumn sale, so let's hope that one turns out better than this one.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube