add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

What's the huge hype about the Z77 motherboards

YourLocalPCNoob
  • 83 months ago

Ok so i've been looking at people's builds and i usually see people using the ASUS Z77 motherboard or the ASrock Z77. Anyway I've been wondering what is so good about these motherboards that make people buy them Thanks

Comments

• 83 months ago
  • 1 point

Most gamers tend to get Z77 motherboards because its the only chipset that allows unlocked ivy bridge processors to be overclocked. It's also heavily supported by board companies and offers the best motherboards you can get for Sandy Bridge and Ivy Bridge.

The Haswell equivalent is Z87 and its popular for the same reasons

• 83 months ago
  • 1 point

Yes because they have the overclocking feature the manufactures use better quality componets like PCB, Capacitors, heatsinks, etc.

• 83 months ago
  • 1 point

What is the purpose of the PCB, capacitor, and heatsink? The sole reason im not googling this is because i'm sort of looking for a simple answer. Sorry if my reason annoys you

• 83 months ago
  • 1 point

Makes a more durable board. Z77 board also have more things like SLI, more USB 3.0 and SATA plugs. The question is do you want to overclock? If not go for a B75 or H77 board.

• 83 months ago
  • 1 point

oh ok thanks.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube