add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Help Deciding on a case

Jax485

54 months ago

I am looking at the following cases

1. Noctis 450- No optical bay drives 2 .Corsair 500r-sleek design has optical bay drives
  2. Phantek Enthoo Pro- beautiful case, just a full tower not that there is an issue with that its just bigger. wondering if its worth it to get a full tower case
  3. Phantek Luxe- another beautiful case with the addition of LED lights but a full tower..

which one would you choose?

Comments

• 54 months ago
  • 2 points

Totally biased, but largely colored by experience vote for the Enthoo Luxe. Either directly or by extension I've owned all these. I had a 500R from the day it launch nearly for 3 years before going to the H440. Forget about it, judging cases by how they look on the outside is no longer advisable as it's interior space, features and design that make or break a case today. The 500R isn't in the same league as the rest. The Noctis is a H440 with underglow and phantom style exterior. I feel it shouldn't cost more than the H440 and the LED should be rgb as you'll be locked into red/black or blue/white/black for your build. The Pro is the cheapest here with the second best build quality tied with the Noctis 450. Best value, but is the poor man's Luxe. The Luxe has the most vertical clearance for rads and has better LED options than the Noctis 450. If you're worried about size, the noctis is taller than the Luxe. It's one of those mid towers with an unecessarily bulky exterior that adds useless extra height.

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

I was originally going to do the Noctis 450 but its very flashy and i cant install any thing in the drive bays. Which may be a dealbreaker for some or ideal for others. For me, it leaves me restricted on what I can and cannot do. I love the Enthoo Luxe, but i wasn't worried about height, it was more about the weight and how it will stay on my desk lol. It is just a beautiful case. But you have a point about the useless extra height. It isn't a bad case, but i feel i have more flexibility to upgrade and do things in the near future. Its just do i do the pro where i can add my own LED lights or spend the extra 50 dollars and get the luxe with the lights already installed. I guess I need to do a comparison of the pro and the luxe because i am trying to see what the difference is between the both aside from the LED lights.

• 54 months ago
  • 2 points

The Luxe has extra vertical clearance, aluminum panels, an extra 140mm fan, a pump bracket and an extra SSD bracket compared to the Pro. The phanteks LED kit only works with the Luxe as their other cases don't have the connection inside for it. The luxe is pretty heavy.

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

yeah , just wondering if my wooden desk can hold it. Otherwise I will have to put it on the floor temporarily until i get something to support it.

The case is just very nice and not as flashy as others ive seen. I like it alot. Plus it will leave room for expansion in the future. It appears to be a top quality case. Thanks for your help

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

would I need to buy more fans for this case?? or do the ones that are included enough?

• 54 months ago
  • 2 points

The stock fans are good. I usually suggest moving the front 200mm fan to top intake or exhaust and using two 140mm fans as front intake.

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

Thats my only set back is how heavy this case is currently i have 1 ssd, 1hdd,1 gpu, 1 cpu , PSU motherboard and cpu cooler. This is my first build and that case seems lile it will last along time and ill be able to upgrade easily. The only setback i have is how heavy it appears to be 30lbs empty lol sorry i just was reviewing all of your comments back to me.

Do you think that the luxe can easily be placed on the floor? I have hard carpet.

The other thing is, the noctis 450 lile you said has unnecessary height and for me its to flashy. But other than what i mentioned,that the only other case that looked appealing was the corsair air 540 which seems to have issues with the ssd brackets breaking easily and issues installing optical drives because of how compact it is.

• 54 months ago
  • 2 points

the Luxe is good to put on the floor because the case feet are pretty high. it may not be an issue on the desk. I keep mine right on top of my desk. i wouldn't do the Air 540 as it's even bulkier and build quality is not good. only corsair cases I'd bother with in this price range are the 730T (but the side panel is so ugly) and the 750D, which has a bit more front rad space than the Luxe and is the only corsair case that is strictly "worth it's asking price" no question. I've got some side by sides from the Luxe/H440 and Luxe/750D if you wanna see them.

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

That would be so helpful. I can message you my email

I guess my only thoughts about the luxe are this 1. Do all windowed cases scratch easily? 2. If the LED lights were to go bad are they changeable or would you have to send the case back.

I like the fact phantek offers a 5 year warranty. Is their a cpu cooler by them that you wpuld reccommend? Im currently considering a corsair one.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube