add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

HELP! This is my first build and I don't know a good case!

calebkitt

54 months ago

Hi so im looking for a case for the pc im going to build I currently have the http://pcpartpicker.com/part/azza-case-csaz206s and I can not go over $61 for a case im looking for something that looks cool functins well and has good cable management options.

There is my build.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU Intel Core i5-4460 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor $166.95 @ SuperBiiz
Motherboard MSI H97 GAMING 3 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard $108.99 @ SuperBiiz
Memory Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory $49.99 @ Newegg
Storage Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $46.99 @ NCIX US
Video Card Sapphire Radeon R9 280 3GB Dual-X Video Card $149.99 @ Newegg
Case Azza SIRIUS ATX Mid Tower Case $40.98 @ Newegg
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA GS 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply $59.99 @ NCIX US
Operating System Microsoft Windows 8.1 OEM (64-bit) $86.98 @ OutletPC
Keyboard Cooler Master CM Storm Devastator Gaming Bundle Wired Gaming Keyboard w/Optical Mouse $28.99 @ NCIX US
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total (before mail-in rebates) $814.85
Mail-in rebates -$75.00
Total $739.85
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-06-27 11:46 EDT-0400

Comments

• 54 months ago
  • 2 points

The Corsair Spec 1 or 2 or 3. They all look great and won't go over your budget.

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

I heard that those are a nightmare to wire manage.

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

I heard the exact opposite. Lol

Those dents on the side of the case (idk what to call them) give you extra space to work with cables. There are lots of holes around the pc that let you get cables routed.

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

Oh yea I guess that would do it maybe I will because that was the original one I was going to get until I saw that it had bad reviews about not enugh space for cable management so we will se oh and witch one would you suggest?

Corsair: http://pcpartpicker.com/part/corsair-case-cc9011051ww

NZXT: http://pcpartpicker.com/part/nzxt-case-cas340wb1

• 54 months ago
  • 2 points

I would choose the Spec 2 over the S340 any day but that's just my opinion.

I really dislike the "clean" look on the S340 but that's just a personal preference. I freaking love Spec 2's design :).The S340 is a bit more expensive than the Spec 2. It also has only 4 Fan Mounting Slots while the Spec 2 has 6. The S340 doesn't have any external drive bays so you can't use a fan controller or optical drive. The Spec 2 has 2 external drives. The Spec 2 is also a bigger case so you can fit bigger parts in it.

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

You do make some very good points.

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

I would recommend this http://pcpartpicker.com/part/nzxt-case-cas21w2b1 ,but it might look a bit too plain.

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

Okay thanks I will look into that one a little.

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

Personally, don't know much about that case, but as you have a fully modular PSU, you should be able to spend some time before anything goes into the case to sort out where all the cables need to go and have them tied down with something temporary, like string.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube