add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
VenusFlytrap
  • 81 months ago

Hey guys, I was looking at this power supply called EVGA 500B and was wondering if it was a good power supply. I don't see any reviews on besides 3DGameman's and he does not really test it. I know EVGA is a good brand, but I am not sure their new "budget" power supply is good.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817438012

Comments

• 81 months ago
  • 1 point

I've read it's made by HEC. I'm not sure if that information is exact but what I'm sure is that PSU is made by a cheap OEM manufacturer and has 0 of the quality of the Supernova line.

• 81 months ago
  • 1 point

Personally, I don't think highly of EVGA PSUs. The main problem with this new one is that nobody has reviewed it so we have no clue whether it's any good. I posted this in response to other threads. This is what I'm recommending for tight budgets. The OCZ Fatal1ty and Mod Stream are the best deals right now.

• OCZ 550w Fatal1ty OCZ550FTY $30
  • OCZ Mod Stream 550w $34
  • NZXT Hale $49
  • PC Power & Cooling PPCMK3S500 $52
  • XFX P1-550S-XXB9 $60
  • Antec EA-500 Green $70
  • Rosewill Hive-550 $70
  • SeaSonic S12II 520 Bronze $71
  • Antec EA-500D Green $73

==============================

• OCZ OCZ600MXSP $38
  • Corsair CX600M $50
  • Rosewill Hive-650 $50
  • XFX P1-650S-NLB9 $65
  • SeaSonic S12II 620 Bronze $72
  • PC Power & Cooling PPCMK3S600 $75
  • 81 months ago
  • 1 point

OCZ... got news for you they are also made by Cheap OEM manufacturer.

• 81 months ago
  • 1 point

Got new for you, the OP wants a cheap PSU and those OCZ are better than what he was looking at. And it will work just fine. There are a dozen worse ones in that price range.

I know the OCZ is made by Sirtec but people aren't willing to jump to a $60 PSU when they're thinking of spending $25. I supplied a range of options and let the reader make their choice.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube