add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

How do you just fit a fan on a case?

LazyDuck

54 months ago

Hi all! I'm just wondering, if you bought a case, and some fans, then how the hell do you fit the fans on the case if there's no holes for it to fit? I'm guessing fans will come with the case, but what if those were for example 90mm, then how can somebody upgrade to for example 120mm??????

Comments

• 54 months ago
  • 2 points

I remember seeing some sort of "funnel" mount that allowed a 120mm fan to be mounted on a smaller opening. Main issue with it is that it demands more clearance away from the opening, so you can only use it in certain clear spots.

Otherwise, just stay with whatever size fan mounts you have. They should be enough for whatever you do. Just don't buy fans that don't have mountings for them.

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

I made that mistake many, many years ago. Bought the wrong sized fan. I was rather embarrassed. I have a box of extra fans now.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube