add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Hyper 212 Evo or Liquid cooler?

adamantmonkfish

55 months ago

What should i get the Hyper 212 Evo or Cooler Master Seidon 120V to cool my i5 4690k? Is liquid cooling so much better or is it not worth like the extra 30-50$?

Comments

• 55 months ago
  • 2 points

The Hyper 212 Evo is more than sufficient for any i5 processors unless you expect to generate an abnormal amount of heat overclocking.

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

I have a Be Quiet Shadow Rock 2. The Hyper 212 is a good cooler, but there is a middle ground between things like the 212 and liquid and very high-end air cooling. That middle ground should be your best bet.

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

Stock clocks, that Evo 212 is going to be more than sufficient. It keeps my FX-8310 that I have overclocked to 4.6ghz around 40c(idle) and I've seen at most 62c(while gaming/benchmarking) at about 65 ambient temp, however, I want to see if I can push 5ghz, and for that, I'm TRYING to buy the Swiftech h240x, but they're sold out everywhere.

On top of that, at the 35 dollar range...there's NOTHING better(If you can fit it in your machine with no interference).

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

Hyper 212 Evo will be more than enough while compare to Cooler Master Seidon.

[comment deleted by staff]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube