add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Fans on Corsair carbide 500r slow

CantEvenLife

54 months ago

The rear and top front fans are spinning slow, and the bottom front fan isn't moving, but both fan LED's are on. I took the side fan off because it was a pain to install and I couldn't get my hands to the connector. When I turn the fan controller all the way up, the fans don't feel like they're moving much air. This was during the initial OS download and first time running the OS. Is this normal, or did I do something wrong?

Comments

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

sorry but the fans on this case are that slow. they totally suck at moving air. if you do the paper test, that is, put a small, thin piece of paper in front of it you will not likely see the thin paper move. I had the case for three years and though mostly satisfied when I had it, it had lots of little issues that added up. dust protection is quite bad (the front mesh doesn't do well and the side has nothing, the top on the black model has no mesh), the fan controller has some plastic tabs so it only fits the included weak fans, the included fans suck. you have to spend money on good fans and filters to make it viable and the case is already too expensive. it came out for $140 and now is $120. you can buy 5 or 6 better cases for $120 with decent or good included fans and full dust filtered. sounds like you just bought this case, though it's a hassle, my first thought is to suggest you return it for something better.

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

If we were to add another fan with good airflow, would that help it? I have another port left on the mobo for a system fan.

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

it's possible. I suggest replacing both front fans, using a fan on the hard drive cage and getting a filter for the side fan.

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

Any suggestions for 3 pin or 4 pin fans that have good airflow that I can use to replace one of the front and rear fans?

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube