add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Silent Fully Modular 800W+ PSU >= Gold

rchar081
  • 58 months ago

Hello,

Can i get your guys recommendations for these specs? Silent Fully Modular 800W+ PSU >= Gold

I was looking at the supernova and right now it seems the cheapest and best bet. Corsair AX is nice as well although a bit more expensive and seems they get a lot of DOA's.... Canadian pricing if u can please.

Comments

• 58 months ago
  • 1 point

the best overall option is the EVGA 850 GS. it's the lowest priced high end psu that meets your criteria and it's one of the best. it has a hybrid fan mode and it's physical length is regular atx size. honorable mentions:

beyond these the price goes up to no benefit at all and some units that are even worse than these.

• 58 months ago
  • 1 point

yea i figured that.. Have you ever used this model? How much noise does it put out at full load? Having a bad experience with my Corsair GS 800 after 2 years of use, thing sounds like a jet...

• 58 months ago
  • 1 point

no, I haven't used the GS850. from evga I've used the 600B, 550GS, 850 G2 and 1000 P2. the GS apparently runs quieter than the G2, but if I'm being honest, the G2 was pretty quiet in my experience. the Corsair GS 800 didn't use a great fan and wasn't made for quiet operation.

• 58 months ago
  • 1 point

EVGA has you covered. GS, G2 or P2. Depending on your budget. The P2 might be a while before it gets here tho. Watch NCIX.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube