add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

In Win 904 for a beginner?

masterpain56

53 months ago

So I'm reconstructing my computer and replacing some parts, putting it all in a new case. I really love this case but I'm not sure if I'll be getting in over my head. Lots of complaints about cable management and heating. I guess my question is, with a standard build (and no intention to overclock), will I run into much trouble? Further, two items I am replacing is the cpu cooler and the GPU, are there any particular products that would work best with this case? My motherboard is: http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=2989#ov

The case is: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811108456&cm_re=904-_-11-108-456-_-Product

Thanks for the help, these forums have been a great asset for my build!

Comments

• 53 months ago
  • 1 point

While it should be fine to build in for a beginner who takes their time, that case doesn't seem to have any intake areas aside from the PSU? mounted in the front bottom? That can't be right... If that is right, I wouldn't bother with that case, as that's just not a good design; you're either using the PSU to bring air into the case or you're pulling air from the back towards the front bottom...

I'd suggest taking a look at some other cases and seeing if anything else catches your fancy...

• 53 months ago
  • 1 point

It has space for a 140mm fan on the bottom for intake, and a 90mm one in the rear. Not exactly ideal, but should be acceptable for a mild build.

• 53 months ago
  • 1 point

Ah, so that forward bottom spot wasn't for a PSU... Looked like it.

• 53 months ago
  • 1 point

Huh. Then what's the purpose of that empty spot? Decoration? Storage of USB external drives?

• 53 months ago
  • 1 point

It's probably the gap to maximize the air intake, and they can make it fairly large since the height is restricted to the height of the PSU.

• 53 months ago
  • 1 point
  • 53 months ago
  • 1 point

If the case i acceptable, what do I need to buy along with it fan/cooler wise?

• 53 months ago
  • 2 points

just wait for the 909 to come out.

• 53 months ago
  • 1 point

Any idea of when that will be available? (similar price?)

• 53 months ago
  • 1 point

no fixed release date.

• 53 months ago
  • 1 point

Dang, it's perfect. Hope I don't have to wait too long. Maybe just buy a cheap case in the meantime....

• 53 months ago
  • 1 point

it's nice.

• 53 months ago
  • 1 point

The 904 is a brutal design that is style over function. To make it work anywhere close to well will have you water cooling the cpu with an AIO unit mounted on the back of the case and have a really efficient fan pulling air into the case from the front and having it being exhausted by the psu. Yeah, airflow will be fought over by the gpu and the psu but that's why this case has problems. Buying an efficient and cool running gpu is a must.

There's much better cases out there, especially at that price but few are as stylish.

[comment deleted by staff]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube