add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
TheWarlockRises

55 months ago

Since I will be doing my first build soon, I thought it would be cool to look at Skyrim mods. After evaluating, I have found 75 mods that I want. After overclocking my i5-4690k, how many mods do you think I'll be able to have on before the game just becomes unplayable?

Comments

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

After overclocking my i5-4690k

If I'm not mistaken, I believe that Skyrim (and many games like it) are actually more dependent on the GPU. The CPU is important, but not as important as the GPU.

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

I'd be using a GTX 970.

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

75 mods that I want

I... I'm stumped. You seriously left me speechless just there for a moment. Could you sort of explain how 75 mods are going to enrich the experience? I mean, I sometimes add some mods to a game, but never an amount like that... I don't mean to be rude or anything, but seeing as several other people have mentioned doing loads of mods on Skyrim, I'm just looking for an answer... I mean, you have your "fixes bugs the Devs didn't catch" mod, possibly a "ENB"/High-res texture mod (still don't know what ENB is...), toss in a few quality of life mods (better maps, better quest directions/pointers...) and maybe a few new weapons or spell mods, and you're at ~10 or so...

And this isn't just Skyrim, but other games as well... I can understand something like Sim City/Simutrans/city building/transportation getting new buildings, vehicles and the like, but something like Skyrim or Fallout NV...

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

I currently have 160+ mods installed on Skyrim. After over playing it to hell the original story just got boring. Overtime I've added bug fixes, new lands, game changing scripting settings, armour, weapons, graphical fixes and loads more to basically make Skyrim an entirely new game.

Each mod I've insalled has added to the replay-ability to my game. My favourite has to be the civil war mod that essentially adds encouters of a 300 man army battle.

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

How do all those mods affect your framerate?

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

60+ all the time. Maybe a couple of spikes when first encountering the large battles but usually evens out to at least 45. Thats with an i5 4690k (not overclocked) and a windforce 970. I'm playing at 1080p on a 60 refresh rate monitor and it looks pretty much flawless all the time. Especially with the 4K texture mods.

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

I have about 40 mods and I am using a ENB, on integrated graphics on high settings at 720P and I get around 60FPS on average. If you really want to kill your performance just get some 8K texture mods and some ENB's and the game get most likely get unplayable very fast.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube