add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Case fan regulation

kappclark

53 months ago

I have a Fractal Core 1100, and wanted to regulate the speed of the case fan. I have disconnected it, and core temps are in low 30's

Not sure if I really need it at all..

MB (Biostar B85 MG) does not support speed reg for case fan (only CPU)

Suggestions appreciated

Bill Clark

Comments

• 53 months ago
  • 1 point

core temps are in low 30's

those are great temps...

I have a Fractal Core 1100, and wanted to regulate the speed of the case fan.

You can buy a pwm fan and use a Y Splitter to connect the fan and the one from the heatsink to the same header. You could also buy fans that have voltage regulator like noctua which come with (LNA) low noise adapter or (ULNA) ultra low noise adapter so you that way it runs at a lower speed while connected to the other header on your motherboard.

You could also get a fan controller and put it in one of the 5.25" bays. Something like this.. But buying a fan controller for 1 fan doesn't make sense so I would get the other 2 fans for this case

•Front: 1 - 120mm fans (included is 1 Fractal Design silent 120mm fan, 1200 RPM speed) •Rear: 1 - 92mm fan (not included) •Side: 1 -120mm fan (not included)

https://www.nzxt.com/product/detail/77-sentry-2-fan-control.html

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/nzxt-fan-controller-sentry2

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube