add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

HALO MULTIPLAYER IS BACK ON PC! How to install Halo Online, with screenshots and gameplay!

trinitytech

55 months ago

Halo is back guys. Just follow this post to kill some spartans!

Are you serious?!

You heard me correctly. If you haven't been living under a rock you would of heard about a little game called Halo Online, a free to play Halo game that runs on a heavily updated Halo 3 engine which is currently ONLY PLAYABLE IN RUSSIA. But modders over a 4Chan have successfully stripped down the game, essentially removing all micro-transactions, giving the game Halo 3 esque menus, and most importantly... making the game playable anywhere in the world. The mod is called ElDorito.

Awesome, so how do I install?

The process is relatively simple, just go to reddit.com/r/haloonline and you will see a sidebar to the right of your screen. You'll see a quick links section. Read through all of that, but most importantly, follow the steps in the Useful Information Google Doc, as this is where the instructions to install the game are found.

So I have the game, how do I get into a server?

When you get onto the main screen of the game where it says Halo 3 (Because the game is in an alpha state, it uses old logo's and assets) press F11. Then the game will hide itself and bring up a server browser. After this, pick a server and fight!

Is the game compatible with controllers?

Yes! Including your Xbox 360 controllers. I use a mouse and keyboard though, so go ask on Reddit for an answer for this one.

I have other questions!

Go to reddit.com/r/haloonline. The developers of the ElDorito mod and other users will be happy to help you there!

Screenshots

No HUD: http://imgur.com/a/WJvoG HUD: http://imgur.com/a/xzRCt

Gameplay

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COMx61lyodc

Have fun everyone and enjoy!

Comments

• 55 months ago
  • 4 points

4Chan? hahahaha, no thanks... knowing that group, this thing is troll bait, randomly yells thoat your watching kiddy ****, or runs as a rootkit allowing remote servers to use you as a ddos node... :P

• 45 months ago
  • 1 point

No, it's Actually legit because, I have downloaded the copy from MEGA and used MBAM to check it, it's clean

• 45 months ago
  • 3 points

10 months ago

10 months ago

10 months ago

10 months ago

• 45 months ago
  • 1 point

Haha, nice

• 45 months ago
  • 1 point

He had smoked some substance and couldn't read how long ago it was posted.

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

this is really cool if it's legit!

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

Why would I want the game lag from Russia????

I am sleeping when you are playing Halo :)

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

The servers arent in Russia. The modders have enabled P2P hosting so servers can be hosted anywhere. Once you're in game, tap F11 to bring up the server browser

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 55 months ago
  • 1 point

The game has actually changed dramatically in 2 months. It was extremely buggy back then, with no voice chat, and you needed a VPN to run it, and it was hardly optimized. Heck, I tried to run it on my Surface Pro for the lolz today and it gets 60 frames at 1280x720. I haven't had any virus problems at all too.

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

Original Surface Pro 128GB i5

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

Theres a chance there are actually trojans... theres also a chance that there needs to be in order for the hacked features to work right. Hacked game mods frequently do odd things to make stuff work

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

That's also possible. And a Trojan wouldn't be part of a regular game, but this one is hacked from a combination of things including a game and likely some kinda VPN program

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube