add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
Ledzepwho65
  • 88 months ago

Hello, looking into building a new gaming setup at low budget around 650$. I want to get and intel i5 3570K but not too sure what motherboard would suit my needs and be compatible with that. Any help is appreciated.

Comments

• 88 months ago
  • 3 points

Asrock extreme 4 or 3

• 88 months ago
  • 1 point

for a low budget, id go with the AMD 8320. even the 8120 would suffice. in terms of motherboard, amd boards are significantly cheaper than intel based boards. if youre still insistant on the 3570, the MSI G43 (or 41) would do. cheap and affordable + a lot of the features are included.

• 88 months ago
  • 1 point

You want a Z77 chipset. $650 is going to be a tough target unless you're very patient (or have a lot of parts from a previous build).

I would agree with Oliver... ASRock boards seem to be consistently the best price/performance for your budget builds. I'd expect you can find something in the $100-120 range if you wait for a deal.

• 88 months ago
  • 1 point

I agree with previous posters. Asrock is a great MOBO maker for LGA 1155. I think Mincading is correct. You are spending money in the wrong place for a gaming build. You should spend at least as much on the GPU as the CPU. So if you spend $200-$225 and on a CPU and $200-$225 on a GPU, you will only have $200-$250 left for the rest of your components combined. I don't think that is very realistic.

Look at tomshardware.com. They always have build recommendations in given budgets. Its at least good for some hints as to what is possible. http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/budget-gaming-do-it-yourself-computer,3364.html

Since that article is old, you will be able to do even better than it for the similar money. They recently did a review off processors available to the sub $200 market as well. http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-processor-frame-rate-performance,3427.html

The i5-3570 is a venerable chip, but probably not right for your budget. :(

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube