add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Best Mid-Tower ATX (No Window)

fogman103

53 months ago

I was planning on getting an r5 for my upcoming build, but I saw a review on newegg talking about how the case bent a little when removing the IO Shield. What is the sturdiest Mid-Tower ATX case? The c70 is another case that I was looking at, but I don't want to pay an extra $20 for a non windowed panel. Main reason for going without a windowed case is because I'm planning on using a large air cooler for the build (NH-D15).

Comments

• 53 months ago
  • 1 point

What do you think about this NZXT S340 Mid-Tower Case ?

• 53 months ago
  • 1 point

Already did my build, went with the R5. It was great to build in, but I bent a pin on the USB 3.0 header because it was a right angled header on the motherboard. Don't like the s340 because the pc is on the ground and I have younger siblings and small cousins that would put stuff down the intake hole at the top.

• 53 months ago
  • 0 points

You're really going to avoid a case because "a review" (Singular, not plural) said that the case bent "a little"?

• 53 months ago
  • 1 point

Not necessarily avoiding the case, but I am more hesitant to buy it without seeing it in person beforehand. Just looking for other options. $100 is a fairly significant investment for a case. I've heard that Fractal Design's support is near non-existent.

• 53 months ago
  • 1 point

Strange, because I've heard it's quite good. They charge a premium for their products like Corsair, they have at least decent support.

• 53 months ago
  • 1 point

Huh. I might give it a shot then.

[comment deleted]
  • 53 months ago
  • 1 point

In what specific ways is it better?

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube