add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

(Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case) Do optical drives work with this case?

rvali4

53 months ago

I'm planning on getting this case, but I would prefer to put the occasional disk in my machine. Maybe a dvd or something. Can I use an optical drive with this case?

Comments

• 53 months ago
  • 1 point

yes...

•2 - 5.25" bays

• 53 months ago
  • 1 point

I can't even believe the question needs asking tbh.

• 53 months ago
  • 1 point

In my defense my friend just showed me his pc and he said his case didn't give him the option for an optical drive. I forget which case it was. He was drunk btw. So that's not a thing generally? I'm just being paranoid?

• 53 months ago
  • 1 point

Cases not having dvd drive bays?

That is actually starting to become more popular tbh tho I think the majority of cases still have one or 2, it's usually pretty easy to tell by looking at the pics tho, which was more my point, you can clearly see 2 drive bays in one of the pics onsite, as well as the the text description pegotico posted from the product page. It's all good in the end tho, better to ask than not and have troubles later.

The r4 has recently been superseded by the r5 version btw and depending on exact deals atm they (r4/r5) could be pretty closely priced.

edit. http://techreport.com/review/27719/fractal-design-define-r5-case-reviewed

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube