add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Should i get windows 10?

Themanwhoneedsham
  • 59 months ago

Hi! thanks for helping me out! so (still) i am on the brink of buying the parts to my computer and i want to know should i buy windows ten? the home 64 bit is only 20$ more than windows 7 home premium, and from what Microsoft and other sources claim, it has better performance, i am planning to play games on steam and im not sure if thats compatible or not yet. im willing to shell out the extra 20 bucks for it, but will i be able to boot it up on my computer with no os?

Comments

• 59 months ago
  • 3 points

but will i be able to boot it up on my computer with no os?

You'll only be able to get to the BIOS. Won't be able to do anything useful.

Personally, I'd say get Win 7 now and then, a few months after 10 has been released and has the first major bug fix, update to Win 10.

• 59 months ago
  • 3 points

Windows 10 shouldn't be too buggy. After all, it's been in public beta where probably thousands of people have tested it(including me).

• 59 months ago
  • 1 point

okay, will the upgrade cost anything?

• 59 months ago
  • 1 point

No.

• 59 months ago
  • -3 points

I've been reading that IF you got windows 7 / 8.1 you'll get a free upgrade to windows 10 for 1 year, after that year you got to pay a fee of 120$ to keep windows 10 or go back to your old OS, microsoft is playing it smart... That's business :) Get people used to windows 10 which will probably overrule 7 (I never liked 8.1) katchjing - sound of a cash-register -

• 59 months ago
  • 1 point

Well.... you would be wrong.

Windows 10 is free for as long as MS supports it if you upgrade. it's not a upgrade for free try for a year then pay.

It is upgrade for free after a year remain free.

• 59 months ago
  • 1 point
What is it? A complete update for Windows
When is it out? July 29
What will it cost? For Windows 7 and 8.1 users: free for one year; then $129/£99/€135 to start

Found this on a website, I guess we'll see after a year of using Windows 10

Not sure I understand what you are saying Godz

• 59 months ago
  • 3 points

Not sure I understand what you are saying Godz

You don't understand that it is free forever? That's weird.

Here.. instead of getting it from some random website I'll take it straight from Microsoft themselves.

With Windows 10, we have extended an offer to our Genuine Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 customers to upgrade to Windows 10 for free. Once a customer upgrades, they will continue to receive ongoing Windows innovation and security updates for free, for the supported lifetime of that device.

Maybe you understand that.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube