add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Can't decide on what case, Also Zalman Z11 Neo question

BubbleBuddy

53 months ago

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/BubbleBuddy/saved/vNkPxr

Thats my build I really would like that case but it says my GPU will fit in it but without the drive bays. Would taking out the drive bays be hard and how would it be done. Also if you guys have cases that you reccomend that are cool looking and good airflow please put them. One last question will i need those drives?

Comments

• 53 months ago
  • 2 points

The Drive Bays are where you mount your HDD/SSDs. They should be simple enough to remove (probably just some screws holding them in; I'd guess 5 min to figure out what screws need to be undone and getting the right screwdriver into place and a minute or two to just undo the screws) and seeing as you only have one HDD, the loss of a drive bay shouldn't be a big issue as you have the lower one to use.

If you like the case, go with it. You can compensate for poor airflow with better case fans (all the way up to a deafening 200CFM per fan).

Other note on your build: You've listed a Z97 motherboard when you can go with a cheaper or better-quality-for-same-price H97 motherboard. You lose out on overlocking (not an issue as you have a locked i5) and SLI (and maybe XFire, but that's board dependent).

• 53 months ago
  • 1 point

I really appreciate the reply it was exactly what I was wondering. You answered all my questions thank you :D and I might just change the mother board to the H97 was it? Or do you recommend a different one? Well again thank you for answering my question I really appreciate it and helped me out a lot.:D

• 53 months ago
  • 1 point

Which H97 there's a few different ones like the anniversary and the pro? And psu the one I have I think is kinda over kill and idk what one to get

• 53 months ago
  • 1 point

Perhaps something like this? http://pcpartpicker.com/p/kTH4TW

That PSU isn't overkill, the 290 should have a 650w supply (see: http://www.realhardtechx.com/index_archivos/Page362.htm ) and that is a great quality model. If you wanted to go a bit cheaper, I would suggest that model I have listed (EVGA 750w B2) as it's also good quality and slightly cheaper.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube