add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Build for Warcraft at Ultra?

krsz

54 months ago

My gf and I just started playing WoW again and our frame rates suck. She has a new 5k iMac, i7 4ghz, 8gb ram, and a radeon r9 m295x 4g gfx card. She plays at 2560x1440 (not the full 5k) with graphics set to "high", this allows her to get about 30fps. I honestly thought she'd be seeing much better performance.

What in pc land can I buy that will play this game at Ultra with rock solid frame rates? My monitor is a 30" 2560x1600 dell. Is our problem just that we're trying to play at too high a resolution?

Comments

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

What is your budget?

All the best,

TheAverageMMOGamer

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

The Fury X is a great card for higher resolutions and is incredibly small

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

Hey, thanks for the response! I'd like to spend around 1k, but I'm more interested in getting the best looking/playing version. Will check out that gfx card!

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube