add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
Banshebot

54 months ago

Anybody here play it? I bought it last week and I've been playing 1 match for what will be my third day today. This games matches last ridiculously long. And I'm sure it's some form of time machine. I started playing after work at 3PM... Got up to go get some food and it was dark outside. I lost an entire day!!!

Comments

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

I have it.... does that count?

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

Have you played it? I have an abundance of games on my steam account that have yet to be installed.

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

Have you played it?

Yes.

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

Single player games are extremely long, but you can grow a zztop beard waiting to finish a big multiplayer game. Civ has always been that way. Its like chess for computer geeks that need more that a few basic moves to utilize. :P

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

I've fallen in love with it. I can't believe I didn't buy it earlier after checking it out over and over and over again on youtube/steam. Considering buying the After earth game too because I love space themed games.

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

you may also like Alpha Centuri then...

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

I'll have to check it out! :)

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

I own and play it with my wife and anyone else insane enough to spend long amounts of time in my presence. I am not the most competent player in the world, but I have fun. Right now we are finishing up a month's long game in which my wife and I unexpectedly had to deal with an EXTREMELY strong America/Arabia team (when we do coop we always set the AI to coop teams as well) - and on a Tilted Axis map no less, which was quite interesting, as half the planet was nothing but ice, while on the other side it got warmer and warmer toward the south pole. Truly a bizarre match.

Back when Civ III was the newest, I once played a single game for three days straight in my college dorm. Then my room mate told me to go outside, and I did. True story.

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

Sounds awesome. I should really get my fiance to play it with me sometime on hot seat mode. I am literally in the middle of a game at the minute. Marathon mode and today will be day 4 of playing. When I saved it last night I was just a few turns short of 1000 haha. Domination win only.

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

Hot seat mode doubles the length of the game - just keep that in mind. You might want to play it with her on a separate instance of the game.

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

Still have a modded single-player game going, where the Zulu's have put what must be a thousand units into their territorial waters; his turns took >5min... Took something like 30 nuclear missiles to bring them down to more manageable numbers... And of course, he has something like 200 cities, so instead of taking the hits from capturing them, I'm razing everything. That's been a solid month-long game...

When I play, I always ignore fighting way too longer than I should; half my games end with the computer steamrolling me with a massive army, though if I play on a more watery map, I usually win as the AI just doesn't commit in force over water... Try and speed across the top of the tech tree to get the science boosters and be able to breeze through the other techs in only a few turns as well as constructing most of the Wonders is usually what kills me...

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

I've not looked into modding it yet. Does the steam workshop allow it? And I'm just basically an aggressive player always picking Genghis Khan for the 30% army bonus. Nothing better for me than promoting early expansion while harassing everyone into giving you their cities.

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

Yea, that's how I've been modding. I mainly go with mods focused on more minor points and overhauls, like making diplomacy a bit less "give them money to love you"...

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

I think I'll look into that when I get this marathon of a game over and done with.

[comment deleted]
  • 54 months ago
  • 1 point

That's hilarious! Did you play on LAN? In the few games I've played I like to keep the pressure with Genghis Khan's army boost while rapidly expanding behind my boarder. I'm currently in a game against AI where I'm going for total domination with the game set to the longest mode.... Today will be day 3 of the same match. It's getting me ready to play with my friends though because there's about 7 of us altogether.

[comment deleted]
  • 54 months ago
  • 1 point

I reckon even a short game with 7 of us would take the entire weekend up haha. Awesome game though. Do you have after earth? I was thinking about getting that too.

[comment deleted]
  • 54 months ago
  • 1 point

I was watching a few let's plays on it last night. I must get it right ''Beyond Earth''. The setup stage looks a lot more in depth than just picking a leader. I think there's 5 different things you can choose from to strengthen your play style straight off the bat.

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 54 months ago
  • 1 point

I was up for work at 5am this morning... I said one more turn at 9pm last night. Actually came off just past 11 haha.

[comment deleted by staff]
[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube